“Catechesis through Images” aims to help children learn basic prayers and their religious meaning through pictures, repetition and fun activities.
It helps them learn:
● to say the most important prayers;
● to associate prayers with daily life and the Scriptures;
● to grasp basic notions of the faith through images or “icons”.
The resources include:
● Video with guided questions;
It is recommended that children are introduced to these resources in the sequence that they are provided:
● the parent or catechist engages the child’s curiosity through the video;
● the child is given the flashcards to handle and repeat saying the prayer as often as they like;
● the learning is deepened through fun activities to suit different literacy abilities.
● Gives a brief introduction to the prayer and why it is important in the Christian life;
● Helps the child learn key insights about the faith through each prayer;
● Helps children to memorise and grasp the meaning of the prayer through associating words, images and gestures;
● The parent or catechist can pause the video to engage the child through questions and answers.